Pray with us
Thank you for standing with New Song in prayer and trusting for God’s miraculous provision! Please email us at Info@newsongmission.org if you'd like to receive our periodic prayer requests.
We continue to praise God for graciously blessing New Song through the wonderful support we receive, the relationships which are being developed with referral sources, and the faith that He supplies.
Please join us in prayer for:
- Children: Please pray for the children we’ve been contacted about in recent weeks. Please pray that the parents and grandparents of these and other kids would complete our enrollment application, as God leads.
- Referral sources: Please pray that God supernaturally leads referral sources to inform the parents and grandparents of at-risk kids about New Song! We are constantly reaching out to develop new referral source partners. Recently we spoke with a group of 15 social workers in Johnson County. Next month we are scheduled to speak to a group of 30 counselors in Bartholomew County. You may have seen in our recent mailings that our outreach in 2017 was very significant. For instance, in October we mailed out nearly 2,000 parent/grandparent brochures to around 382 referral sources, and in all of last year we reached out to several churches and organizations through meetings, campus tours, group presentations, emails, etc.
- Grandparent outreach: We are planning on a significant outreach to agencies that serve grandparents in early 2018 because there are so many grandparents whose adult children are suffering from addictions and other issues, leaving the grandparents to care for their grandkids. Many of these grandparents aren’t able to provide the home and support that the kids need.
- Resources: We are needing many monthly givers to join in support of New Song in order to help ensure that we can care for kids in 2018.
- Additional staff: We need 1-2 licensed teachers to join our staff, as well as a part-time or full-time relief houseparent couple
- Wish List: We need several specific items for our homes and campus. (Please see our Wish List here for more details.)
- Kids suffering through parent's opioid addictions: As many of you know, our State and country is experiencing an opioid epidemic of major proportions, which is devastating families. Our child welfare system is overwhelmed by the number of children who have been removed from their homes due to parental addictions. Please pray for New Song's recent outreach to the Department of Child Services (DCS), as we hope to partner with local county caseworkers in a new, unique way.
- God’s Glory: Please pray that God will be glorified as we begin caring for kids in need!
Give children the opportunity to thrive!