Students Learning and Growing at New Song!
“I like it here,” said 13 year-old Alexa. “The people are nice.”
Many have waited a long time to hear such words spoken from the mouth of a New Song student. With five teenage girls now living on New Song’s 100-acre Brown County campus, it’s so wonderful to be caring for kids!
We thank God for His immense grace in breathing life into the ministry.
The girls are Jazmin (17), Lauryn (16), Jessica (15), Julie (14), and Alexa (13). Each girl is extremely special to us, and all of them have unique talents and interests.
The girls enrolled at New Song earlier this year, and they have made the huge adjustment to living on campus. In addition to school, the girls have had a lot of good experiences so far, including:
• Roller skating in Columbus
• Swimming at the Nashville YMCA
• Swimming in the New Song pond
• Attending two civil war re-enactments
• Trips to the homes of staff members for dinner and activities
• Shopping trips to the Edinburgh Mall, Greenwood Mall, Goodwill, and Target
• Attending plays
• Celebrating birthdays
• A swimming pool party
• Trips to the Brown County State Park and Columbus parks
• Attending movies in Franklin
• Having a Saint Patrick’s Day scavenger hunt in Nashville
• Campfires on campus complete with smores and glow sticks
• Daily chapel time
• Craft making (rock painting, card making)
• Garage sale shopping
• Ice cream trips
In addition to these outings and activities, we count it a true blessing to be investing in the girls' lives through meaningful conversations and discipleship. We’ve seen significant growth and maturity, and we are very proud of them.
If you’d like to become a monthly sponsor of our girls’ home, please follow this link: www.NewSongMission.org/sponsor. Your monthly gift to our $30/$60/$90 Safe & Sound Home Sponsorship Campaign will provide much-needed support for the girls.
For many years, people contributed to create this beautiful, scenic campus for at-risk kids. Nearly 3,000 volunteers, financial supporters, prayer partners, and others have been involved to date. By God’s grace, there is now fruit for all of our efforts.
We are so glad that Alexa likes being here at New Song. She and each of the other girls are thriving on campus, and so we thank you for your ongoing investment of treasure, time, and talent to help make caring for them possible.