In an effort to help provide loving homes, a strong education, and a nurturing, Christ-centered environment for disadvantaged children at the New Song Mission campus, the ministry of New Song has established a Church Liaison Program (CLP). Through the CLP, New Song is encouraging churches to have a key contact within the church who will serve as a liaison between the church and New Song to help foster the relationship, for the cause of Christ and the sake of children.
The roles and responsibilities of the Church Liaison include:
- Providing your church with updates on New Song Mission via bulletins, church newsletter articles, videos, etc.
- Sharing volunteer opportunities with your church (e.g. work-related missions trip, special events, etc.)
- Discussing the role with your church secretary and/or administration as you will need to work together occasionally on projects (e.g. bulletin inserts, etc.)
- Scheduling New Song Mission presentations at the church periodically
- Identifying different ministry groups within the congregation and seeing whether these groups might want to partner with New Song Mission
- Promoting New Song Mission’s “Safe and Sound” family sponsorship program to church missions committees, small groups, etc. for consideration
- Encouraging campus visits to New Song Mission
- Meeting with New Song Mission’s Volunteer Coordinator periodically to brainstorm opportunities and challenges; meeting with other church liaisons
- Working with New Song Mission’s Volunteer Coordinator to create a communications schedule for your church
- Maintaining monthly contact with New Song Mission’s Volunteer Coordinator to receive updates on the ministry
- Periodically stocking your church with New Song Mission brochures
Ready to serve? Contact us to learn more about becoming a church liaison.
Give children a safe home where they can thrive!